It's been a busy few weeks! I got to skype my family, attend my first MLC, and Sister Allen and I went on 3 exchanges with sisters in our zones and we even got some apartment checks done! Some of the big dramas this week:
1. the sisters living in our apartment with us had to be relocated because they had a stalker in their area...but it worked out because the branch out on Camotes island has been growing so fast and it's about to split into two branches, so President decided to try out having two companionship there to help the split!
2. Our dear President and his wife, the Tanners, go home thith! So we are all wondering what changes will come with the new president! President Tanner gave us the challenge to all read the entire Book of Mormon before he goes home! I started it last week and I'm in Mosiah, so I'm making good time!
3. We focused so much on our less-active members this week and 10 of them came to churcay! Sister Allen was playing the prelude music while I just went around the chapel shaking everyones' hands and there's nothing like a chapel full of people you've been visiting all transfer to warm a missionary's heart! haha.
4. As for our investigators, Ruby and Ken continue to attend church and reject other religions' efforts to "recruit" them... they tell everyone that even though they aren't baptized yet, they know that they have found the true church! We are still working with them on their kasal (marriage) papers....
5. The bishop's wife has been inviting her little brother for years to come to church and he came yesterday! We have an appointment with him later to start giving him the missionary lessons!
6. Early this morning Sister Allen and I went jogging at the boardwalk here in Danao with 2 women in our ward- one who is an RM and one who leaves on her mission in June! There is nothing like laughing with Filipinas, exercising, and staring at the ocean to make me feel rejuvenated!
7. We finally got a blender for our house, so we've been drinking green smoothies every morning!
8. It's mango season in the Philippines, and that means HEAVEN!
9. Roger Jr. Maningo has finally accepted the baptismal date o18! His whole family wants to support him and answer all his questions! It was such a spiritual lesson because we were teaching about temple work and family history and they were so interested in doing missionary work for their ancestors and then we asked them shouldn't we start with our immediate family? We just know Roger Jr. is ready for this step and that it will bless his life and family!
I am so grateful that "the Lord has made the sea my path" and to be here in Cebu helping the people here to come unto Christ....I know that "great are the promises of the Lord unto those upon the isles of the sea" and I'm so grateful to be a part of the fulfillment of those promises that they will ALL get the chance to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ (2 Nephi 10:20-21).