Thursday, January 21, 2016

Python!

This week was sakit-free! So we had a nice long week of hard work in our area. We also watched the Philippines Area Broadcast last week. One thing I liked from Elder Ardern's talk was: "Don't let what you do today limit what God can do with you tomorrow." In other words, we need to be keeping the commandments and exercising faith in Him BEFORE we see WHY or what His plans are for us. There was a huge focus on making and keeping covenants: keeping the Sabbath Day holy, doing family history work, and attending the temple.It was wonderful! The Philippines is 2nd in the world, after the U.S., in doing family history and genealogy work. So great!
We also had Zone Conference and learned about making baptism the "why" of each lesson as a way to be more successful missionaries. I've been working on it, and so far it seems successful.
It's interesting to see how in small branches it tends to be the same people doing everything- the same people who are teaching the classes and serving in the callings are also working with the missionaries and playing key roles in fellowshipping investigators. We have one such member, Nanay Annie, and she is the Relief Society president, her son is the BML, and she is the only regular kuyog that teaches with us. And then they ask her, always to say the closing prayer and sometimes I just thinking, ask one of those people sitting in the back! They can pray at least! haha. It's important for everyone to participate, bisan gamay, because "Participation brings Revelation". It's the people who participate who benefit.
Today for P-day we went to see the giant python and all the baby pythons. I thought I'd be too scared to hold it, but it was so nice and harmless and I had a blast playing with all the snakes haha. I feel that my mission has destroyed any and all my sense of "fear". Wala na ko'y fear, labi na sa mga mananap. Next P-day we are going ziplining! Puhon! Kon naay kwarta!
I hope you are all having a good week!
-Sister Bertoldo
P.S. I wouldn't be a good missionary if I didn't leave you with a scripture. In honor of the snakes, read Helaman 8:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment