Sunday, October 16, 2016

Best for Last

Transfer calls came and went and I'm staying here in Sagbayan! That means this will be my last area, and I couldn't be happier to end my mission here- there is something really special about this branch. The members are so unified and willing to help one another. I'm so grateful to be serving here.

My new (and last) companion is Sister Varias, from Cavite. She was part of my batch coming into the mission, and I'm so grateful to have a native companion again because we just speak Bisaya 24/7. I wouldn't want to end my mission any other way! She's a new STL so I get to show her the ropes, and I know she is going to be so amazing!

We have two new sisters in our zone, one from Minnesota, USA and one from Luzon, Philippines. It's so nindot to see the new missionaries, and I just think "Here is the future of this mission!" I'm excited to get to go on exchanges with them and help them come to love this mission as much as I've come to love it!

Last Sunday Jonalyn came to church again with her sister, and I love when investigators come on the first Sunday so that they can hear all the testimonies of the members! Jonalyn cried, though, before church started and told us that her husband was mad she came to church. But the members really gathered around to support her and offer advice and encouragement! Later, Jovilyn also got up to bear her testimony for the first time since her baptism, and the Spirit was so strong! I sat with Jonalyn the whole rest of Church and watched as she took notes, listened, and observed. 

At the end of church, she asked Sister Ross and I, "Sister, unsa'y akung buhaton para magpamember ko ani?" (What do I have to do to become a member?) and we explained to her about baptism and taking the rest of the lessons. She started crying again and told me softly: "Sister, nasuko jud ang akung bana....pero nabantayan nako nga mao jud ni ang tinuod na simbahan ni Jesuskristo." (My husband is mad, but from what I've observed, I know this is the true Church of Jesus Christ). The best part of all this is, we haven't even taught her about the Restoration yet! She is very sensitive and open to the Spirit. When we went back to teach her yesterday, she told us she's still not able to commit to baptism yet because of her husband. We're praying that his heart will be softened and she'll be able to make this decision with his support!

I hope we will all appreciate the blessings of the Gospel in our lives and recognize that each of us will face challenges designed to take us away from our Heavenly Father, but if we fearlessly and confidently proceed forward, relying on Him and His commandments, we'll be able to endure and overcome those challenges and draw ever closer to Him!

Love you all!
-Sister Bertoldo

No comments:

Post a Comment