Sunday, June 28, 2015

Ayo Ayo Amerika!

Kamusta! We leave the MTC tomorrow at 3:30 in the morning! So they gave us a chance to do laundry and send a quick email today. It's a roller coaster of emotions, but mostly I am SO EXCITED! I feel like I've been waiting for this moment my WHOLE life (even if I didn't know it). I feel like a puzzle of a missionary... like all the pieces are here and I can see flashes of the missionary I want to be, I just have to do the work of putting it together now!

 I've sent home my straightener, curling iron, and blow dryer so...pictures are about to get so cute!!! haha joke lang. Also, the rainy season has JUST BEGUN in the Philippines, so we'll spend our first months drenched in RAIN! The pictures from the Philippines from other missionaries we know are so great...I can't wait to be there, difficulties and all! Matt 9:36-38 "the harvest is truly plenteous, but the laborers are few". I just want to be a quality "laborer" and give my whole heart, might, mind, and strength to the work in my area! And what is the work? It's just teaching people the truth and helping them receive the gospel for themselves. In Cebuano!!!!!

 People living their lives without a knowledge and understanding of the gospel are like actors stepping into the 2nd act of a 3 act play. They need to know what happened before and what happens next. They need to know the Plan of Salvation and how it APPLIES to them personally. Otherwise they just live day to day, living good lives but not knowing WHY they should or shouldn't do certain things and not knowing HOW to get clarity and direction for their life's course and not knowing WHERE to find the truth and direction they seek. Moroni 6:4 people need to be helped, nourished by the word of God, feel the cleansing power of the Holy Ghost in their lives, and continually receive guidance. And the answers are ALL in the Book of Mormon, it is so simple and beautiful and I can't wait to become better at teaching it!

 Basta, I hope you are all having a good week :) look for ways to make the gospel a bigger part of your life and the lives of those around you! Goodbye Provo MTC! Goodbye America! Ayo Ayo Ingles! Kita kits sa 17 mga balan!

 Gugma,
Sister Bertoldo

No comments:

Post a Comment