Sunday, July 17, 2016

Not Yet Full

Maayong hapon!

There's no time, but my first few days with Sister Paget have been upbeat and full of miracles. We have a new baptismal date for......*drumroll*.......Roger Jr.! He finally came back, and he still has the desire to be baptized, he just had to be found and asked, which is why full-time missionaries exist in the first place! I love the Maningo family so much, and I want them ALL to receive the blessings of the gospel. I am really hoping and praying I will still be here in Danao to get to see Roger's baptism, but it is set now for August 20th!

Catherince and Minda are still coming to church and last Sunday they brought with them 2 of our other investigators who are their neighbors....so we are really happy about that small miracle! Sister Paget and I started off our transfer with a companionship fast!

As for STL responsibilities, we have a great group of 12 sisters this transfer! Two of which are BRAND NEW MISSIONARIES! One of the new trainees is being trained by Sister Dayhop, so she is technically my "apo" (granddaughter) in the mission :) I guess that means I'm old now!

I am so grateful for the scriptures and the teachings of modern day prophets and apostles in our lives!

"When we go to serve and comfort anyone for the Savior, He prepares the way before us." -Henry B. Eyring

Sister Paget and I are full of companionship goals: sisters' activity with Sister Maughan, the mission president's wife, hiking, riding a caribao, and of course, helping people to prepare for baptism :)

With 3 transfer left on my mission, this scripture keeps playing through my mind"And verily mine eyes are upon those who have not as yet gonup unto the land oZion; wherefore your missiois not yet full." (D&C 62:2) There is still so much more I want and need to do, and the time.... dili maigo!

love you all,
sister bertoldo

No comments:

Post a Comment